Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Adios Swaddle!

We have successfully had 2 full weeks of 10-12 hour nights WITHOUT being swaddled! Yes, you are reading right, it has taken us 6 months to work our way out of the swaddle. We started with naps, and then went to nights. Noah now loves to sleep on his side or on his back with his arms sprawled out. I'm not sure where I went wrong or if Noah just really needed to be swaddled that long. I kept thinking we were going to be done with it, so I refused to buy a bigger size in the little swaddle me blankets. So, there we were at 5 and 6 months old with half of his arms sticking out the blanket and the velcro coming undone since it was too small. I remember when the nurse brought him in at the hospital all swaddled perfeclty, I wanted to learn how to do such a great swaddle. Well, I definitely think I got it down! But, goodbye for now, see you again with the next baby (maybe ;)).

1 comments:

Lisa and Ryan said...

Yea! Hey- if that's what it takes to get him to sleep good, then do it! He's getting so big!!