Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fragile

I think sometimes we forget...no I KNOW sometimes we forget how real life is...and that we have no guarantee of another day...
Not mentioned for the purpose of being gruesome, but for the purpose of being aware and thankful...to cherish

“Let’s say this goes really bad for me. Most people are not going to get what I am going to get - which is a year, two, five, 10, 12 … to fight. And to spend time with my children and to understand that each day really is a gift. What are the statistics? That 150,000 people in the United States are going to die today? And they’re going to die in car wrecks, of brain aneurysms. Most of them are going to die instantaneously. They don’t get to lay in bed with their wives, like I’ve gotten to for the last month and say what I want to say to her. To kiss my children. To drink it in really deeply, all of that. It’s carpe diem on steroids, all of a sudden. That really is a gift.”

quote from Matt in his recent article

0 comments: